Tuesday

Quotes About Argument


My pappy told me never to bet my bladder against a brewery or get into an argument with people who buy ink by the barrel.
— Lane Kirkland

People are generally better persuaded by the reason which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come to the minds of others.
— Blaise Pascal

There is no such test of a man’s superiority of character as in the well-conducting of an unavoidable quarrel.
— Sir Henry Taylor

No matter what side of an argument you’re on, you always find some people on your side that you wish were on the other side.
— Jascha Heifetz

How come nobody wants to argue with me?  Is it because I’m always so right?
— Jim Bouton

It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
— Dean William R. Inge

When people agree with me, I always feel that I must be wrong.
— Oscar Wilde

Never argue at the dinner table, for the one who is not hungry always gets the best of the argument.
— Richard Whateley

I am not arguing with you — I am telling you.
— James McNeill Whistler

When people are least sure, they are often most dogmatic.
— John Kenneth Galbraith

My sad conviction is that people can only agree about what they’re not really interested in.
— Bertrand Russell

The best way of answering a bad argument is to let it go on.
— Sydney Smith



I dislike arguments of any kind.  They are always vulgar, and often convincing.
— Oscar Wilde

The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being right.
— Lord Hailsham

My idea of a disagreeable person is a person who agrees with me.
— Benjamin Disraeli

I respect only those who resist me, but I cannot tolerate them.
— Charles de Gaulle

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument an exchange of ignorance.
— Robert Quillen

The quiet shaft of ridicule ofttimes does more than argument.
— William Scarborough

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor