Saturday

Quotes About Determination


Each generation must, out of relative obscurity, discover its own mission, fulfill it, or betray it.
— Frantz Fanon

The best way is always through.
— Robert Frost

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
— Confucius

An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man’s entire existence.
— Honoré de Balzac

To generalize is to be an idiot.
— William Blake

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
— Helen Keller

Ours is a world where people don’t know what they want and are willing to go through hell to get it.
— Don Marquis

The human heart refuses to believe in a universe without a purpose.
— Immanuel Kant

More men fail through lack of purpose than lack of talent.
— Billy Sunday

My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I’m happy.  I can’t figure it out.  What am I doing right?
— Charles M. Schulz

When people talk to me about the weather, I always feel they mean something else.
— Oscar Wilde

None climbs so high as he who knows not whither he is going.
— Oliver Cromwell

We succeed only as we identify in life, or in war, or in anything else, a single overriding objective, and make all other considerations bend to that one objective.
— Dwight D. Eisenhower



Blessed is he who has found his work; let him ask no other blessedness.
— Thomas Carlyle

Not snow, no, nor rain, nor heat, nor night keeps them from accomplishing their appointed courses with all speed.
— Herodotus

It is best not to swap horses while crossing the river.
— Abraham Lincoln

Never give in!  Never give in!  Never, never, never.  Never — in anything great or small, large or petty-never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
— Winston Churchill

Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
— Samuel Johnson

I take a simple view of living.  It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.
— Laurence Olivier

To have a grievance is to have a purpose in life.
— Eric Hoffer

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
— Marian Wright Edelman

There is nothing like a dream to create the future.
— Victor Hugo

The will is the strong blind man who carries on his shoulders the lame man who can see.
— Arthur Schopenhauer

I am an idealist.  I don’t know where I am going but I’m on my way.
— Carl Sandburg

The will to succeed is important, but what’s even more important is the will to prepare.
— Bobby Knight

Man is a stubborn seeker of meaning.
— John Gardner

If I am building a mountain and stop before the last basketful of earth is placed on the summit, I have failed.
— Confucius

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor