Friday

Quotes About Enemies


Forget your opponents; always play against par.
— Sam Snead

You can’t hold a man down without staying down with him.
— Booker T. Washington

All our foes are mortal.
— Paul Valéry

The space in a needle’s eye is sufficient for two friends, but the whole world is scarcely big enough to hold two enemies.
— Ibn Gabirol

The opposition is indispensable.  A good statesman, like any other sensible human being, always learns more from his opposition than from his fervent supporters.
— Walter Lippmann

Man’s chief enemy is his own unruly nature and the dark forces pent up within him.
— Ernest Jones

The shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagles’s own plumes.  We often give our enemies the means of our destruction.
— Aesop

He that is not with me is against me.
— Matthew 12:30

When my enemies stop hissing, I shall know I’m slipping.
— Maria Callas

Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose.
— Baltasar Gracian

Even a paranoid has some real enemies.
— Henry A. Kissinger

I bring out the worst in my enemies and that’s how I get them to defeat themselves.
— Roy Cohn

A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
— Oscar Wilde




As the sutra says, a parasite in the lion’s bowels will devour the lion. A man of great fortune cannot be ruined by his enemies, but only by those close to him.
— Nichiren Daishonin


One may smile, and smile, and smile, and be a villain.
— William Shakespeare

Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults.
— Benjamin Franklin

A man with a career can have no time to waste upon his wife and friends; he has to devote it wholly to his enemies.
— John Hobbes

We have met the enemy, and he is us.
— Walt Kelley

Who can refute a sneer?
— William Paley

I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.
— Zsa Zsa Gabor

Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes.
— Antisthenes

Do de other feller, befo’ he do you.
— James David Corrothers

I like to have a real enemy to fight.  It gives me something I can get my teeth into.
— Baroness Phillips

Enemies to me are the sauce piquante to my dish of life.
— Elsa Maxwell

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor