Monday

Quotes About Silence


What a blessing it would be if we could open and shut our ears as easily as we do our eyes.
— Georg Christoph Lichtenburg

It’s better to keep one’s mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and resolve all doubt.
— Abraham Lincoln

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving in words evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot

Silence gives consent, or a horrible feeling that nobody is listening.
— Franklin P. Jones

Men of few words are the best men...
— William Shakespeare

If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth.
— Alan Herbert

Be silent, or speak something worth hearing.
— Thomas Fuller

I have noticed that nothing I have ever said ever did me any harm.
— Calvin Coolidge

The innocent is the person who explains nothing.
— Albert Camus

Many a time have I wanted to stop talking and find out what I really believed.
— Walter Lippmann

Nothing so stirs a man’s conscience or excites his curiosity as a woman’s silence.
— Thomas Hardy

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor