Monday

Quotes About Opinion


Let us always remember that he does not really believe his own opinions who dares not give free scope to his opponent.
— Wendell Phillips

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.
— Joseph Geobbels

In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
— Mark Twain

It is a difference of opinion that makes horses races.
— Mark Twain

I am always of the opinion with the learned, if they speak first.
— William Congreve

Popular opinions, on subjects not palpable to sense, are often true, but seldom or never the whole truth.
— John Stuart Mill

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
— Bertrand Russell

Opinion is ultimately determined by the feelings, and not by the intellect.
— Herbert Spencer

People think of the inventor as a screwball, but no one ever asks the inventor what he thinks of other people.
— Charles F. Kettering

I am free of all prejudice.  I hate everyone equally.
— W. C. Fields

Prejudice is an opinion without judgment.
— Voltaire

Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love the truth.
— Joseph Joubert

Nothing is more unjust or capricious than public opinion.
— William Hazlitt

Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinion at all.
— George Christoph Lichtenberg

Give every man thine ear, but few thy voice.
— William Shakespeare

They that approve a private opinion, call it opinion; but they that dislike it, heresy; and yet heresy signifies no more than private opinion.
— Thomas Hobbes

I hate to go on tryin’ your patience like this—but—well, I’m either dead right or I’m crazy.
— Jefferson, in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, screenplay by Sidney Buchman

One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
— Oswald Dykes

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment