Saturday

Quotes About Beauty


Men ought to be more conscious of their bodies as objects of delight.
— Germaine Greer


I don’t like standard beauty.  There is no beauty without strangeness.
— Karl Lagerfeld

How you lose or keep your hair depends on how wisely you choose your parents.
— Edward R. Nida

Ah seen a man so ugly till they spread a sheet over his head at night so sleep could slip up on him.
— Zora Neale Hurston

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
— Marguerite, Countess of Blessington

Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies.
— John Donne

She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; and all that’s best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes.
— Lord Byron

What he hath scanted men in hair, he hath given them in wit.
— William Shakespeare

Beauty: the power by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a husband.
— Ambrose Bierce

No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.
— Oscar Wilde

My wife was too beautiful for words, but not for arguments.
— John Barrymore

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty...but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.
— R. Buckminster Fuller

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
— Francis Bacon


A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
— John Keats

It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.
— Leo Tolstoy

Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies, for instance.
— John Ruskin

Ask a toad what is beauty...He will answer that it is a female with two great round eyes coming out of her little head, a large flat mouth, a yellow belly, and a brown back.
— Voltaire

A much more effective and lasting method of face-lifting than surgical technique is happy thinking, new interests, and outdoor exercise.
— Sara Murray Jordan

I always say beauty is only sin deep.
— Saki (H. H. Munro)

I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough.  What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
— Jean Kerr

Anatomically speaking, a bust is here today and gone tomorrow.
— Isabel Barnett

Beauty’s but skin deep.
— John Davis of Hereford

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
— Margaret Wolfe Hungerford

None but the brave deserves the fair.
— John Dryden

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor