Sunday

Quotes About Egotism


Conceit is God’s gift to little men.
— Bruce Barton

I am ready to meet my Maker.  Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
— Winston Churchill

I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself.
— Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

If you think you’re a second-class citizen, you are.
— Ted Turner

When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty small package.
— John Ruskin

Perhaps one should not think so much of oneself, though it is an interesting subject.
— Norman Douglas

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.
— Frank Leahy

Why can we remember the tiniest detail that has happened to us, and not remember how many times we told it to the same persons?
— Francois de La Rochefoucauld

You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you knew how seldom they do.
— Olin Miller

Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who do.
— Robert K. Mueller

An egotist is a man who thinks that if he hadn’t been born, people would have wondered why.
— Dan Post

Don’t be humble.  You’re not that great.
— Golda Meir

I never loved a person the way I loved myself.
— Mae West

People are generally better persuaded by the reason which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come to the minds of others.
— Blaise Pascal

Conceit is the finest armor a man can wear.
— Jerome K. Jerome

The meek shall inherit the earth.
— Psalms 35:17

When you’re as great as I am, it’s hard to be humble.
— Muhammad Ali (attrib.)

If only I had a little humility, I would be perfect.
— Ted Turner (attrib.)

Egotism: the art of seeing in yourself what others cannot see.
— George V. Higgins

Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who has a low opinion of himself.
— Anthony Trollope

He fell in love with himself at first sight, and it is a passion to which he has always remained faithful.  Self-love seems so often unrequited.
— Anthony Powell

22

If there is such a thing as genius, which is just what—what the f*** is it?-- I am one, you know.  And if there isn’t, I don’t care.
— John Lennon

An actor’s a guy who, if you ain’t talking about him, ain’t listening.
— Marlon Brando

A writer is rarely so well inspired as when he talks about himself.
— Anatole France

I’m not a success, I’m a sensation.
— Van Cliburn

This is the epitaph I want on my tomb: “Here lies one of the most intelligent animals who ever appeared on the face of the earth.”
— Benito Mussolini

Never underestimate a man who overestimates himself.
— Franklin D. Roosevelt, on General Douglas MacArthur


Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure—that of being Salvador Dali.
— Salvador Dali

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor