Friday

Quotes About Grief


For certain is death for the born and certain is birth for the dead; therefore over the inevitable thou shalt not grieve.
— Bhagavad Gita 2:27

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.
— Antoine Rivarol

Easy-crying widows take new husbands soonest; there’s nothing like wet weather for transplanting.
— Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

If you would have me weep, you must first of all feel grief yourself.
— Horace

Quiet and sincere sympathy is often the most welcome and efficient consolation to the afflicted.  Said a wise man to one in deep sorryow, “I did not come to comfort you; God only can do that; but I did come to say how deeply and tenderly I feel for you in your affliction.”
— Tyron Edwards

I am always grieved when a man of real talents dies, for the world needs such men more than heaven does.
— Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell.
— Joni Mitchell

Grief is so selfish.
— Mary Elizabeth Braddon

Grief and greed are as inextricably entwined as love and marriage should be.
— Ann Kent

There are few sorrows, however poignant, in which a good income is of no avail.
— Logan Pearsall Smith

Grief is itself a med’cine.
— William Cowper

The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.
— Harriet Beecher Stowe

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor