Saturday

Quotes About Modesty


Pocket all your knowledge with your watch, and never pull it out in company unless desired.
— Lord Chesterfield

The first test of a truly great man is his humility.
— John Ruskin

Self-made men are most always apt to be a little too proud of the job.
— Josh Billings

Modesty is the only sure bait when you angle for praise.
— Lord Chesterfield

One is vain by nature, modest by necessity.
— Pierre Reverdy

I don’t deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it.
— Flannery O’Connor

The second-sweetest set of three words in English is “I don’t know.”
— Carol Tavris

I feel it is time that I also pay tribute to my four writers, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
— Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

A modest man is usually admired — if people ever hear of him.
— Edgar Watson Howe

It’s going to be fun to watch and see how long the meek can keep the earth after they inherit it.
— Kin Hubbard

Great artists are modest almost as seldom as they are faithful to their wives.
— H. L. Mencken

A whale is harpooned only when it spouts.
— Henry Hillman, on why he avoids interviews

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with out frail and feeble minds.
— Albert Einstein

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor