Saturday

Quotes About Modesty


Pocket all your knowledge with your watch, and never pull it out in company unless desired.
Lord Chesterfield

The first test of a truly great man is his humility.
John Ruskin

Self-made men are most always apt to be a little too proud of the job.
Josh Billings

Modesty is the only sure bait when you angle for praise.
Lord Chesterfield

One is vain by nature, modest by necessity.
Pierre Reverdy

I don’t deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it.
Flannery O’Connor

The second-sweetest set of three words in English is “I don’t know.”
Carol Tavris

I feel it is time that I also pay tribute to my four writers, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

A modest man is usually admired — if people ever hear of him.
Edgar Watson Howe

It’s going to be fun to watch and see how long the meek can keep the earth after they inherit it.
Kin Hubbard

Great artists are modest almost as seldom as they are faithful to their wives.
H. L. Mencken

A whale is harpooned only when it spouts.
Henry Hillman, on why he avoids interviews

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with out frail and feeble minds.
Albert Einstein

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

sponsor